Wednesday, June 2, 2010
I love baking, especially Cookies. My family loves Cookies all kinds of Cookies but their favorite one is still the good old Chocolate chip Cookies with lots of Pecans. I learned couple good tricks with trial and error and it works every single time.
1. Always use room temperature ingredients.
2. If the recipe asks for large eggs then use large eggs only, not the Jumbo kind or anything else.
3. Use freshest baking Soda. I put the date on the box so that I know I have to replace it soon.
4. Gently mix dry ingredients(Flour, salt and baking soda) rather than beating.
5. Cool the baking tray and Wipe it(to clean the crumbs and butter from the previous batch of cookies) before placing the next batch of cookie dough.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Milk Chocolate Kisses(with white Chocolate swirls). These cookies are extremely easy to make and are delicious. To retain the shape of Kisses I kept the cookies in the fridge on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Yummy!
All you need is a bag of Peanut Butter cookie Mix, one egg, 3 TBSP vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp water and about 20-30 kisses(depending upon the size of cookies).
Mix everything together except Hershey Kisses to make a soft dough, make small balls of the dough, roll each ball in sugar. Place these balls 1" apart on a non-stick cookie tray and bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven( 375ºF).
Place one Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie while it is still warm and press it gently. Keep the cookies on the cooling rack in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and Voilà! Delicious cookies are ready.